Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rumah Sri Manjung



Spoke to my parents yesterday and they told me that they are going back to Sitiawan today to sort some things out regarding our little house in Sri Manjung. This is the house that i grew up in....its a very petite house with a garden where mama use to tanam anything she could get.Once we had very good mango trees and rambutan tree...i think the rambutan tree is still there. She also had this pokok pinang...and my frens and i use to scribble the names of who we fancy on it...:)..it was the very house that we had our little camping advantures in the back garden close to the banana trees....yes the scary banana trees!

there was alot of memories in that house....the last time i saw the house was 2 yrs back....i took caveman around town and showed him the house, to my suprise..i could hardly recognize it anymore, the area seems soo different..but i remember ayah told me that he painted the house in teracotta so thats how i spotted it. I dont know who lives there but it sure dont look like the house i once lived in..:(. I miss that house..i missed it then..i missed the childhood that i had..i missed my frens...i missed those years when everything was soo simple and when we didnt have much but still was very happy...:D.

Now after 25yrs, my dad has finally finished paying for the house...and he is selling it off...
i hope who ever that bought the house will enjoy it as much as we did...esp the kids. I must say Sitiawan is a great place to grow up.....even my bestie ateh had decided to raise her family in sitiawan....bravo!!

So long old house....thanks for the memories..:D.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=4.19961&lon=100.673802&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2
...our old house from wikimapia...( Our Old HOuse )

3 comments:

little miss kechik said...

syahdu gua pagi2.. tapi awat tmn ijau takde dlm map??! ni aku nak marah ni!!

a yummy mummy handbook said...

hehehe.....sedih kan...nagis i tulis this one...uwaaaaa

Unknown said...

we shouldve gone & take pics 1 last time when u were back there.. heheheh!