I have 2 other pending entree before this one but this has to go before i terforget!
Mama thot me how to make this the last time she was in cairo, i had a bunch of frens over for din din to meet my family and my mama thot pengat pisang is very the malaysian and perfect for dessert....me personally not fan, in fact i never liked any pengat unless they are chilled...then i like....
So today, we invited ourself to Shilme's house for tea and i thot ill make this..the recipe is super simple but i almost forgot it..so thats y this is top priority!
1 ketul gula melaka ( 1/2 cup maybe )
2 tbsp sago pearls ( soaked for 10 mins )
1 can of coconut milk
1.5 litre water
1 pandanus leaf
1 .Cut the banana in the middle and slice it in halves
2. Boil the water with your gula melaka until dissolve
3. Add the bananas , soaked sago pearls and your pandanous leaf
4. let it simmer for awhile until your sago is transparent and bananas is a bit soft
5. Add in the coconut milk and stir in slowly
6. Bring it to boil but dont over boil as u might break the coconut milk ( like what happen to me today..darn)
7. And ure done!!...
serve warm or chilled......
it took me less then 30 mins to do this..with little bubbles...dangling on my legs! :D
Stepping into 2017
3 months ago