Thursday, April 10, 2008

Costume Made Hand Bags

today we had another food demo...this time is was Manhattan Cheesecake...Maria's signature cake! we had to leave the cake to rest for a day...ill let u know how it taste like tomorrow...but im sure it will be super! so after the baking was done...we went to SAMARA the bag shop.We went to the shop last Sunday, but unfortunately it was close...and mind u we weren't the only ladies that was waiting for the shop to open...haha so now we know where the expats wives gets their bags from...kekeke.
my biggest vice are handbags, when my fren Maria told me that theres a shop here in Maadi that does very good leather bags and can make them in any design in any color...i almost flipped! as i walked in the shop....i was stunned..the bags are really nice and are made well. All of us was going crazy looking at the bags...we wanted to take all of them with us.

30 mins later, when we were more settled and calmed down from the bag rush...i started going thru the magazine that she had at the store...it was hard to choose when u see too many bags..i didnt have anything specific in mind but i thot a little clutch bag would be nice....after going thru maybe 1/2 dozen magazine...something caught my eye...a brown snakeskin clutch bag...it was niceeeee! now...everyone who knows me well, knows that im terrified for snake or anything that has to do with them..its like a big phobia..it was not until recently that i was able to watch snakes on telly...but snakes on books or in zoo still freaks me out. So i thot, ill brave myself with this snakeskin clutch..she said that she has the leather for it..its not real snakeskin ..but calf leather with snakeskin embossed...so i said ok can i have a look at it and the next thing i knew...her assistant came out with a bunch of REAL snakeskin leather...and i almost jump from my chair...even talking about it gives me the chill!!...i did managed to get a glimps of the skins...i must say the colors were really nice...really nice...but i just cant bare myself to look closely..too bad for me.

So yes...i have ordered myself a clutch....it will take about a month to do it so that's something to look forward to!. My next purchase will be a big bag...in dark green, i saw the leather..just have to find a design for it..the owner said that she's doing a Fendi Spy bag at the moment...so if that turns out great, i might have her make that for me..in dark green and weaved handle!..lovely..

3 comments:

little miss kechik said...

sigh.. i love fendi spy..

beb.. jakarta banyak "fendi"


*LOL*

Anonymous said...

sis, next time u nak balik.. u know what to get me :D

Johan Carlos said...

Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks borse pelle online