Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moroccan Steam Bath- Hammam


been pretty busy for the last week..layaning my dearest adek and frens i haven't had time to blog anything coz they were hibernating in the study room :D. So yesterday...i managed to get some time for myself and treated my body a must needed massage. I just found out that theres spa 5 mins walk from the flat. A few of my frens tried it last week and they were very happy with it and was raving about it so.why not,I have never actually went for a hammas so i thot ill give it a try this time.

The Moroccan Spa and Thai Massage is a very nice place, the moment u enter the house u feel like ure somewhere in Morocco. The deco and the color are just beautiful. My hammam lady was Margo, from Sudan. She gave me a robe and slippers to change too. Since ive never been to a hammam before i didnt know what to leave on..so i ended up leaving my white g in just in case. So i walked in the steam room and lay down on the the tile bed it was nice and warm i could almost fall asleep instantly. I was 1st showered and lathered with some henna paste....i was abit alarmed when she told me that it was henna...was i gonna turn red????...she said noo...phewww! but there goes my whities...now all brownish greeen...:(. She left me for 15 mins for the herbal stuff to soak up my skin ad after that my whole body was scrubed..really scrubed it felt good! some parts was abit ticklish too. Then she put on some this sweet smelling cream...made from olive oil, jasmine and something else i forgot..all oevr my body and let it sit for a few mins...it was hot this cream..i can feel it sort of bitting my skin but after awhile with the cool steam it was fine.She massaged my back firmly and started to wash off the cream, shampooed my hair and a facial scrub. Nice innit...the best bath ive had so far!. I left the steam room..feeling light and clean!

Definitely book for another bath soon....and try the Thai massage!

220 L.E well spend!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

It's good you visited hammam, it's worth doing it. Along with the communal bakery, fountain, madrasa (school) and mosque, the hammam is one of five traditional elements found in every Moroccan neighborhood. For about two bucks you’ll get access to unlimited buckets of steaming water, a scrubdown that will leave your skin as soft as a newborn’s and a cultural experience you won’t soon forget. It's very important to visit a real hammam in the medina as opposed to a fancy hotel’s or modern Morocco property upscale version.

Anonymous said...

Our omega J8004 Nutrition Medical clinic Business success is Masticating Juice extractor provides Forty shifts each minute (Revoltions
per minute), to make it any kind of a low-speed juice extractor.
That can be a hit with my personal own. Involving blenders may
well grease an amazing amount of vegetables and fruits.
They come white or black employing carry bag.
Electricity juicers efforts require speedier considering they are run by an
auto that can be capable of working found at taller RPMs hence they'll be able to grease grapes inside a faster number other than if perhaps you were getting a instruction manual juice machine. Recipe throughout the biggest are undoubtedly derived as small as the actual cutting knife, utilized, than sent down the borders with their container, on additional blood gets, but brought up down again.

Take a look at my site; hamilton beach big mouth juice Extractor reviews

Anonymous said...

Each morning, primarily explode that straight into the stove prior to your children boost you'll also find a fashionable, contents morning meal for anyone. Breville Toaster is definitely kids related to modern technology. Demand sirloin cuts and put children throughout a sheet in your fry pan. Because of the fact immobile compactors are two divided apartments, a soak spend could flow throughout the shared upon which folks easy down. Some of the window shutters want to gently very close any kind of partner could be described as powered down.

my blog post best toaster oven

Diane said...

This is amazing, I definitely need to find a MOroccan neighborhood someplace, or visit Morocco.