Monday, February 9, 2009

meeting expectation....

i have been off work for 2 days now...was under the weather, the cough and flu finally brought me down+ bubbles also had fever+ my maid apparently was hit by a car......hows thats!...anyway..things are looking better today,still coughing did some studying + bubbles is up and running and back in kinder & maid is returning to work tomorrow and same goes to me. Since Sunday i haven't checked my office mails, and today i had a feeling that there will be an email about my appraisals...yes its the appraisal time of the year, and since caveman told me about his today...i had a strong feeling that mine will be in the email...and true enough my "meeting expectation" appraisal is in waiting for my comment by 13Th of Feb.


Am i satisfied with " meeting expectation" hmmm..generally and in normal circumstances i don't give a "toot", since school, i hate the grading system, A, B, C, D..are just evil letters that are used to categorise ppl. So to me coz a grade is a grade, in school u can be an A person but been given a F becoz u screw up in one exam! and at work your bosses never really know what u do anyway but expected something out of this world with very little support and resources but this year appraisal hit me hard why becoz, i think i worked hard and harder then i should, to deserve "meeting expectation" and the fact that two bosses that wrote me the appraisal cant even spell out my name properly makes me wander, if they don't even know how my name is spelt correctly after all the emails that they have been getting for me which i usually don't get any reply until 2 or 3 emails, would they know i did at work and how is my performance evaluated?...my direct boss doesn't even shows up til 3pm on a good day ( on a bad day...u can't even see him for days ) and i do 1/2 of this work most of the time plus I'm getting everything sorted for him like a little secretary...i work long hours to make sure things are OK...i was working 7 days a week for 4 months before he actually consider giving me a day off a week ( excuse was ..." ohh i didn't know u were working 7 days a week"..are u out of your "tooting mind" )...with all this sacrifices, and in end am a " meeting expectation" without a reasonable reason? sigh.......


So my comment to this appraisal is ......Terima Kasih.





6 comments:

little miss kechik said...

my gawd... meeting expectations.. its like when i got "fully met".. sigh.. life..

Sista said...

i know how you feel.. just hang in there alright..

Mom again said...

these bastards will never fail to disappoint you. just remember bubbles and the lil one in your tummy. at any given day, they're worth so much more than those comments.

Fieran said...

I know how you feel. I had a boss who said "I can't complain about her performance" when I do like 2 people's work on any given day. Oh well, there's always karma.

a yummy mummy handbook said...

Thanks babes...i slept it off and felt much better the day after. I wasted one day thinking about it with a :( face. Stuff it! told them a peice of my mind today during the review...although it didnt change my 'meeting expectation' as i expected at least it felt good to let it out

Anonymous said...

Noweena...after 15 months slaving like idiot..mine was rated as needs improvement....triple shit.
Reason: I failed to comply with one stupid request from a guy in Dubai...whom never steps his feet even to Cairo.

Can you believe that?