this cake is really sedap...and senang yang teramat..u dont even need a cake mixer or a food processor...just manual labour...good way to work that flabby arms!! hahaha...anyway i got this recipe from a fren's fren and tried it yesterday. 1st i was abit sceptical about it coz the mix was really watery..but i realise thats what makes its soo moist and yums...
u have to bare with me on the recipe as it was copied down from YM...
Pre heat the oven to 250 DegC
1. 125g butter + 1 cup of boiling water + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon nescafe - melt together in a soucepan..once melted, this mix should make 1 1/2 cup, so u will need to add enuff corn oil to make this mix 2 1/5 cup.
2. 2 eggs ( beat ) + 2 cups castor sugar + 1 1/5 cup evaporated milk - whisk this together in a bowl
3. 2 cups of plain flour + 1 teaspoon sodium bocarbonate + 1 teaspoon baing powder + 1 1/5 cup cocoa powder - siff this together
4. Add 1 and 2 together and mix well
5. Add 3 and 4 together in a big bowl and mix well. Stir in slowly in one direction until everything is combine together and no bubbles appear.
6. Once everything is mixed, pour everything is a baking tin that been buttered and powdered. and Stick it in the oven for 45 min to a hour.
100 g cooking choc
60g condense milk
boil all this together until melted and pour over baked cake.
Serve with some vanilla ice cream...yummmsss
made this on the 1st day of puase...and i think its even better then 'ah choons' sotong goreng tepung..hahha ( those u lived in sitiawan will know which ah choon im taking about)
SOTONG GORENG TEPUNG
1 bowl of sotong/calamari - sliced and cleaned
1 egg whites - beaten
2 1/2 cup of plain flour - season well with salt,pepper and some crushed dried chilies to flavour the flour
1 cup of cooking oil
Add in the sotong in the beaten egg whites and then coat it with the seasoned flour, do this until u finished all the sotong and deep fry them until brown.
P/S - I was told that `ah choon' uses tepung ubi instead of plain flour...but it will meletup letup sikit when u fry!!...i want this tauhu goreng recipe!!! .......
Things I have learned lately in Berlin
6 months ago