Sunday, June 15, 2008

Selamat Hari Bapa..

when i was making safeia breakfast today..i knew there was something different about today...it was something..then i remembered adek telling me that its father's day this is sunday,15th June. Unlike valentines day and mothers day...fathers day here is unsignificant at all..i dont think they even know it existed.

So pagi tadi, i sneaked in bubbles room to give my darlin caveman a kiss..and wished him happy father's day...still sleepy, he didnt even know that it was today.I gave him a teddy hug and went to call ayah, it was aroud 12.00 on a sunday...and if i guess correctly, he, mama and adek will still be at the dining table..talking after sunday breakie...and i was rite. Adek answered the phone..and i asked him what did u get ayah..and he said nothing...im like yeah rite...of course he got him something. My brother now takes responsibility to remember all the day important dates and buy them pressies or cards.

ayah came to the phone, wished him and told him that i love him.He sounded really happy and told me that adek n mama are taking him to carls jr to check out the new joint! with my dad...theres no need for words..he knows his kids and he knows how we feel about him...our dad is a great dad, of course when we were younger..he was very garang...but as we grew up, we change and become less notty and he did too,he become alot more relax and his temper as tone down abit.

I remember growin up, adek and i didnt always get what we wanted.Our dad was in the goverment servant and he didnt earn much, it was enuff to live a comfortable life but not lavish. SO being ignorant lil kids..we always wanted everything that other kids had...one time, i asked my dad for a racing bike (it cool to have one at the time) and he refused, he gave me many many reason but i knew that it was becoz it was super expensive...many fight and me locking myself in my room..and no racing bike came by...what arrived was a normal bike with a basket in front with a carrier at the back reason being it more suitable for girls arghhh!!!...yeah rite. I didnt acccept it but i dealed with it...and it took me 2 bike like that to finally get a moutain bike even then it was not a cool Le Run...but it was better then nothing..:D.Nonetheless, despite off the material things that we couldn't give us..he gave us..a safe home, educations, love and everything else..he did his best to give us everything.

My dad has been my mentor for as long as i remember from school right up to now...i still asked my dad for advice,he has thot me alot about getting around in this world and i thanks you ayah... I feel blessed to have parents like my ayah and mama...i could only wish that we could be as good as them for bubbles and her siblings..:P.

2 comments:

little miss kechik said...

yea, ayah awak sangat garang. terutama bila dia dapat tahu kite kemalangan di dalam perjalanan ke panggung wayang arasu. tapi sekarang dia sangat gembira bila berjumpa saya. saya pun tak berapa pasti kenapa.

*wakakakakak*

theadams said...

reena, i forgot all about this daddy's day..till my mom text me! gosh...jahatnye i!
ye la kt sini cuma crazy over valentine's and eid om je kan!