Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Trilogy- A Saudi Princess



I finished reading Desert Royal lastnite...and that completes the trilogy of the life story Sultana the Saudi princess. I read all 3 book in a 5 years...Princess when i was at uni....Daughter of Arabia when i was on my maternity leave and now the Desert Royal...yet i can still remember all the content of each book as it was word was well written and vividly express for one to remember for years....i guess the writer did a good job!

Being Muslim myself...i must admit that....i was a bit stunned and a bit confused but most of all sad with the content of this book. If a non Muslim were to read this without having any basic knowledge abut Islam, they will probably think all of Muslim are the same..all Muslim women are suppressed and all Muslim women are being treated badly...which we are not....this is a mare culture issue.

I remember giving this bok to my mum to read....and 1/2 way thru she came to be and she said....ena teruk nyer buku nie...betul ker org arab are like this ( ena , this book is horrible...are all arabs like this???) and i smile at my mum..and told her that..no...not all of them are like this..but this is whats happening to the women in Saudi and some part of Middle East. I dont blame my mum thinking this way....yes she knows men will always be men...but she would never think that they will treat women this way....even in the Quran is written that women are noble.

And since i started working in the BigBlue company...i had a chance to meet a few saudian men and women, i must say that are very nice people. The women are smart and very ambitious..although they are not allowed to do much in their homeland, outside thay are very successful individuals who are proud to be Saudis :D.These women are still fighting for the rights they deserve and i hope that one day they will get what they deserve.

I had a conversation with a friend over a Mexican dinner early this week and he asked me if Malaysia will be somewhat be like the Middles East or the Saudis in the future? he feels that with the religious police ( jawi..jais..ect) doing their rounds invading ppl privacy and coming up with bans and restriction to the Muslim in Malaysia..we might one day turn into a extreme Islamic country? Well..this is my opinion,i don't think soo, these pll are doing their jobs, although what they are doing it wrong it is in their job scope...so theres not much u can do Malaysia has a balance of Muslim,the extremist, the conservatives, the liberals and then the neutrals like myself who wants to be a good Muslim i can be and insyallah one days i hope to see the steps to heaven.So to me...as long as we have this balance and try to live in harmony...we should be alright..religion should not be force and be something that u have to do..its something that u should to do...sincerely.
Then again i could be wrong..this is a very sensitive issue..and i'll leave it to individual to asses.


Alhamdulilah in my 28 years of being a Muslim, i have been free to practise my religion everywhere i go and i have never been shame of who i am. Yes, i must admit that i could be a better muslim..Insyallah Allah will show me the way to be a better Muslim.....Insyallah....Ameen.


http://www.geocities.com/realitywithbite/saudiwomen.htm

No comments: