Tuesday, October 11, 2011

125 million

If your wandering what this figure is....don't be jealous its not the balances from my bank account :p ( i sooo wish is it !!! ). It is actually the number off people worldwide that has psoriasis and I am included in this millions.

I found out today that the 29th Oct is the World Psoriasis Day and the National Psoriasis Foundation in the USA, are looking for 500o signature to get the President to proclaim this day. This is a super afford.I do believe pll should know more about this disease and i hope they get this number. I have had it since i was 18 and I've been lucky so far, its been good and bad. Last year after moving to D town, it got bad, probably the worst flare up i had in those 13yrs but alhamdullilah I'm getting better, im not cleared but its been improving.
Having psoriasis is a challenge.
It hard for me to answer pll when then ask me what i have, coz most of them have no clue what it is, some have never even heard about it and of course some are scared when they see my skin but I'm soo use to it by now that their reaction doesn't effect me but of course, I'm only human and this is what i tell myself everyday - as long as my family except me for who I am and what I have, I'm happy and I know that what I have doesn't kill and that there are pll that are in worst situation then me and this is from Allah S.W.T. This makes me feel better about my P. Unfortunately there is no cure for this illness there are only ways to control it and for each individual its different because its effected by their autoimmune system, yes psoriasis is a auto immune system disease but it is not "AIDS"..so don't worry and also it is not contagious, it is however hereditary. My fear is that my girls will inherite this from me and I hope they don't. But if they do....it will be a way of life...just like me. My girls love me even when my skin is red, sore and ugly and i will love them all the same.

Hopefully with a official day like this that pll have more of awareness of this disease, because its not had bad as it seems although it can be quite daunting and difficult of the suffer to handle at time, physically and emotionally. Psoriasis suffer needs loads of support and i do hope that with the afford that the pll with psoriasis are doing will open up the public eye. To my dear family and friends whose been supporting me and my p...thank you very much :D

Staying positive....a psoriasis sufferer.


3 comments:

Sista said...

i actually cried reading this.

every illness has a cure sayang. hadith mengatakan: Semua penyakit ada penawarnya kecuali mati.

don't give up.. and we love you no matter what.

**hugs**

p/s: look up for this book: Healing Body & Soul by Amira Ayad (International Islamic Publication House) - i wanted to buy for you as a bday gift hari tu but went all over MPH tak ada. Maybe u can get in Doha or amazon.com. She's a writer, has a Phd in Nutritionist based in Dubai.

a yummy mummy handbook said...

Thanks kak...i will look it up and i know you love me....me luv you too :D

Nishalim said...

owh..you r getting better babe...just keep doing what cha doing now...I'll doa for you too ok. We love u, P or no P ; )