Saturday, November 5, 2011

Doha Tea Party :)



Love bday's...esp when its not mine and I haven't thrown any since the April babies bday so when it was two of my good frens in Doha birthday was coming up...i saw an oppurtunity!!! a few days a part...i managed to convinced their hubbies and our friends to a suprise 'Tea party'.


( Birthday girls with girl pals :))

I have never been to a tea party before but read and watched it too many time and I always like the idea of a tea party although I'm coffee lover. One of the bday girl did mentioned that she always wanted to have a tea party but never had an occasion or a reason to. Everyone was onboard and got together for this party. Since it was a 'suprise' party, I was being very notty...telling lots of tales all week to the bday gals.Babes...please forgive me, it was all for the party :D.

Ms.N grinning at my not soo sconey scones,these must be the good batches coz these actually do look good :).


Birthday Girl 1 - Ms.S and hubs Mr. N


Birthday 2- Ms. N with hubs Mr.Z


Although there were sticks and bumps along the way plus it happened to be a very busy week at school and it was also the last weekend before the Eid hols, and I was on a verge of getting sick but thanks to advil and strepsil I managed to keep it at bay. Everybody contributed...from the food, the deco, the cake and the hosting. The husbands given a task on what to get and do and they were super!!! .They came well ahead of time with all the things they were asked to bring and help to decorate for the party while me and Ms.S was busy getting everything ready in the kitchen with our own little disaster!. Originally I wanted to have traditional english tea party but it was way too much to do in a week plus I don't have enuff tea set for everyone ( reminder - must get a tea set for keeps ) so I had to tweak a little and rebrand it to an 'Oriental Tea Party'. I got this floral tissue paper and got totally inspired and everything else was coordinated to this piece of tissue paper ( i also went crazy making tissue peonies til 2am !!! ).

So we had mini chicken shawerma ( which i must say was pretty damn good, probably beginner's luck !) , chicken wings , blueberry cheesecake, tea sandwiches , of course we had to have scones and clotted cream ( unfortunately some of them was a bit burnt and turn out to be like rock cakes instead but nonetheless was still yummy, but Ms.N was heading to London for the hols, so i told her to get the real deal in over there :D ) , chocolate cuppies with chocolate and raspberry frosting, chips & dips , grapes, sparkling ruby orange drink and hot earl grey tea. Cake was made my Ms.E and Ms.Z lent us this beautiful white table cover which was exactly what i wanted!. We missed you at the party.

We had planned a game too 'Charades" but that never happened, we just sat and stuff ourself again and again :). My camera decided to go dead 1/2 way thru so didn't take much pictures Mr.N had all of the photos on his camera, these photos here are probably the best i got on mine. The girls was pleasantly suprised and they seemed happy :) soo mission accomplished and a pat on the back for everyone that made this party happened.
Thanks guys....me love u lots ....xoxo

Til next birthday....Happy Eid Everyone!!!