Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

Today..me and adek baked! ( ohh bubbles would be soo jealous if she knew !! )

She was not feeling too good last couple of days and had to stay home with mummy. So this is what we did!!! We made cupcakes :D and we loved it!
( Adek with the whisk )
( After a trip in the oven for 20 mins )
I have been helping out Ms.E with some baking and the last couple of weeks and my oven has been baking cupcakes. Chocolate cuppie are not my fav things to bake, as I can remember the last time I baked them was in Cairo..long time ago and it didn't turn out soo good and since then I stopped and only baked vanilla, lemons everything else beside chocolate cuppies. This time I was requested to make both vanilla and chocolate ones...hmmm...feeling quite nervous I ,did it. This time I used a recipe from a very cute cupcake book I have by Elinor Klivans and they turned out fantastic! well..Ms E was happy and so was her client and im a happy camper...hooray!
( A little dressing )
( All ready !! )
So I had some leftover sour cream in the fridge from last week baking and I thot if didn't use them up this week they will be bad...and sour cream are not cheap. I knew I wanted to make chocolate cuppies but I didn't want to make the same one again, i looked up on the internet and found these ones....Dark Chocolate Cupcakes (www.browneyedbaker.com) and frost it with the basic american buttercream frosting.

It was a really easy recipe and I didn't even have to take my mixer out. This recipe makes 12 dark yummy chocolate cupcake, I gobble up 2 before i could frost it although I promise myself that i would wait! ,bubbles had two in one sitting and for my little baker Adek..she just likes the process of making it and the licking the whisk part...she didn't have any, but she sure make my cleaning up much easier with all her licking!!
( A proud baker/helper )






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reena, lama tak jenguk blog ni...baru ni bukak balik.

I have to admit that I miss your kitchen so so so much. That's the place where you fed me with sumptuous delish foods.

Suhana

Fieran said...

Hehehe, so cute. I have to confess - when I bake, it's me who licks the spatula.

a yummy mummy handbook said...

this licking fetish is very bad for the thighs hahhaha

a yummy mummy handbook said...

suhana...i miss you too....why dont u come and stay with us for a week...pleaseeee:).

stek pucuk said...

betul betul yummmi
hmmm sangat menggoda