Friday, February 4, 2011

House of Sand and Fog


i have watched this movie more then 3 times in my life but i have never completed it until tonite and i didn't even know the title but it had touched my heart. Its a simple story with a big ending.

Every time i watch this, it made me think of my parents the sacrifice they make and the things they hide from you just so could have what you want and be happy without knowing how it happened. This is a story of a father who came to America from Iran to give his family a better life and worked super hard day and nite to fulfil a dream that ends in complete disappointment and sadness and on the other hand a lady who has it all but just let it go away until it was too late. Two pll with the same goal from different perspective.

The movie was based from the book, since i haven't read the book i cant really tell how the movies compared to the book but if the movie made me cried the book will most likely make me wept.

A potential book club candidate.

1 comment:

khemy said...

And I read the book long time ago but havent seen the movie. I thing Jennifer Connely was in the movie right? Sometimes I just fear to watch movie which was adapted from a book. Great expectation.
I think the book was beautifully written.