Sunday, April 24, 2011

Miss N and her burkini


I just had to blog this...1st of all I think pll should be able to wear anything they want and however ways they want. Unfortunately for Miss N and her burkini has became a worldwide news, poor Miss N. When I 1st read it I thot it was hilarious....these newspapers are just so nasty, I mean here's a woman who's trying to enjoy the beach without getting skin cancer!..come on give her a break but then again she is a celebrity so I guess its unavoidable.

Miss N and her burkini is pretty much the same as the those ordinary
women in niqab and burqa in France. These women are denied to wear what they believe in. Both woman choose to wear this becoz they feel its rite for them but one becomes a laughing matters and the other may be arrested if she continues to wear them. Funnykan?

When I 1st moved to Doha, I must admit I was a bit intimidated by the women in burqa and niqab and im Muslim myself. I remember going to a pediatric hospital and all the women behind the counter was in full black niqab/burqa and I remember feeling a bit uneasy at first. Thinking where do I look..I can't see her eyes... is she looking at me?...would she be able to hear me ? ...etc etc..it needs some getting use to I must admit.

We all need some getting use too...and I hope those women in France will one day get that freedom to be able to wear what they believe in just as much as I hope Miss N will be able to wear her burkini again and not get slammed at :D.

I myself do not own a burkini yet and honestly, I don't find it very flattering...having said that I haven't tried on yet so please slap me!!!. I still prefer my wetsuit for now and maybe one day I will find the perfect burkini for me ;) *winks*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too.