Monday, January 31, 2011

Egypt Unrest

I'm glad to find out today that our frens are at the airport waiting to get on the plane to Dubai. With all that is happening in at the moment, the situation is worrying. I'm still worried with my Egyptian frens that are still at home....some scared to death and other are protesting....its a mix feeling going on there.

After 7 days of protest...waters being cutoff...no one is making bread...and Tahrir Sq is still burning with protesters. This use to be one of my fave places in Cairo....my Downtown is now a different sight....i could have never imagine there will be tanks in Tahrir Sq.

They say tomorrow will be the big march to the Presidential Palace....1 million pll is said to be marching. I hope they come in peace and he leaves in peace.

Egypt still have a special spot in my heart, bubbles was very upset to see Cairo burning. This is a pic i took a few years back, a historical coffee shop that use to be a place popular hangout back in the days. Today i saw many backdrops of this cafe on TV with protesters around.

For whats it worth...i really hope it was worthed.



No comments: